About Me

My photo
After 20 years of proudly wearing my white collar, after ingesting dozens of business success book, after encountering hundreds, if not thousands, of folks like me, stuck somewhere in Cubeland, positioned somewhere on the ladder that spans failure and success, I discovered that the book I really needed hadn’t been written, a book that was honest, funny, and poked well-deserved fun at everything that is life in a corporate world. So, I wrote that book and called it White Collar Warrior.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Decoding The Corporate Codes -- I hear you, now shut up, that's why

Warriors, are you hearing me? Because I hear you. I do. If you speak to me, your voice will travel through the air, vibrate the machinery of my inner ear, and I will nod understandingly, as if I might care about your words.
Want to know if I really care?

If I say, "I hear you," I don't really give a shit. I've said those three words to let you know you can stop talking now, that nothing you can possibly say next will in any way affect my opinion or my plans or my capacity to care.

If you hear those words -- "I hear you" -- just take it for granted that the person who said them is no longer listening.

Do you hear me?

No comments: