About Me

My photo
After 20 years of proudly wearing my white collar, after ingesting dozens of business success book, after encountering hundreds, if not thousands, of folks like me, stuck somewhere in Cubeland, positioned somewhere on the ladder that spans failure and success, I discovered that the book I really needed hadn’t been written, a book that was honest, funny, and poked well-deserved fun at everything that is life in a corporate world. So, I wrote that book and called it White Collar Warrior.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can You Make That Meeting?

Please attend the next meeting, the meeting-meeting.

Not that one. The other one. The new one. It's a new meeting. Not the other one from yesterday, or this morning, or the conference call on Saturday morning, or the one Tuesday night where we missed American Idol, or the lunch meeting where whatshisname ate like a pound of potato salad.

I’m talking about the next meeting-meeting, where we need to talk about meetings, the planning of meetings, the scheduling of meetings, the timing of meetings, how many meetings we need, and when food, and what food, is allowed at meetings.

If the meeting-meeting conflicts with a meeting, let me know when you are free, because right now, your schedule looks completely blocked out. Are those all real meetings or fake meetings you scheduled in order to have some meeting-free time?

If you could free up one of your meeting-free hours, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

No comments: